Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever order a Martin guitar from the USA

Options
  • 28-05-2016 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Just wondering if you have ever mail ordered a guitar from the USA? I'm thinking of ordering a custom Martin model. What has been your experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I've sent several the other way. so long as the guitar is detuned and well packaged inside a hard case, and you leave it a couple of days to acclimatise before you open the case (and boy is THAT hard!!) you'll be fine.

but pay the extra for insurance

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Make sure to account for Irish taxes when it arrives. It could be 25% or more extra when VAT and customs duties are paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I bought from an authorized Martin dealer in the states 10 years ago. Paid the courier my customs charges on delivery. Still came in about 500euro cheaper than anywhere local at the time. No problems along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

Bought my D28 from a dealer in Florida about 8 years ago. Very easy to deal with and get organised. Delivered by an Post, and I paid them the VAT and custom duty. Also saved about €600 against the Irish price.

Advertisement