Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to begin ....

Options
  • 28-05-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Folks,
    I have a decent idea to create an interactive booking type website but I don't know where to begin in terms of structure. I mean what software packages are used to build interactive type websites. I don't want to spend my time leaning HTML, Java or Wordpress from scratch only to discover that you should really have concentrated your effort elsewhere. Would I be better off handing the whole project over to a developer?
    Thanks. Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

Folks,
    I have a decent idea to create an interactive booking type website but I don't know where to begin in terms of structure. I mean what software packages are used to build interactive type websites. I don't want to spend my time leaning HTML, Java or Wordpress from scratch only to discover that you should really have concentrated your effort elsewhere. Would I be better off handing the whole project over to a developer?
    Thanks. Mick.

Depends on how simple or otherwise both the idea and the database or interaction logic are.

If there's a significant gap between the two (the core idea and the result) then you may need a system & interaction designer involved before handover to an actual developer.

They may also be able to advise which - if any - framework might best suit it.

If the idea is straightforward enough then the above wouldn't be as much of a factor, but I've seen plenty of good ideas fall short due to people not thinking them through or designing them, and merely diving - or wanting to dive - straight into development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Folks,
    Thanks. Mick.

Yes. And a designer too! Preferably after you have done up a complete plan and spec for the project.

Advertisement