Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC courses

Options
  • 28-05-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm looking to do Agricultural Science ( DN250 ) next year . I'm doing my leaving cert now and the course is at 470 points as of last year .

I don't reckon I'll get the points so I'm looking at doing a plc course .
    - Is there a number of points that I need to get the plc and get into AG next year ?
    - How hard is a plc ? I see that you have to get over 80% in 5 modules . I know it depends on the student but what's the % of people who get 80% and is the likes of chemistry and biology as hard as they are for the leaving Certificate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

There isn't a points requirement. You'll have to attend an interview and explain your reasons for wanting to do the course. I believe the Leaving Cert is the only requirement however students can be admitted even without one (depending on places available and their interview).

PLC courses are not too hard... I wouldn't know about chemistry and biology specifically, but achieving a distinction is not difficult so long as you are doing your work. PLCs are like a blend of college and school, though more like college. Continuous assessment makes it easier to see how you're performing over the year as well.

Advertisement