Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINANCIAL MATHS QUESTION???

Options
  • 28-05-2016 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

[BNICKI DEPOSITS 200£ at the end of each quarter in her savings account. The money earns 5.5% AER. How much will the investment be worth at the end of four years?][/B]

I've tried everything and the answer at the back just doesn't match up. I'm not sure who's wrong. I used the geometric series formula but no luck. The answer at the back is 3544.66

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

never mind, I figured it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jackb123456789

Sorry to bring this up, but how did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Sorry to bring this up, but how did you get it?

I'm sorry, I don't remember! I think what I did wrong was I used an incorrect value for r, so that's probably where you're going wrong too. I think there was something about if r is bigger than 1 you use r-1 instead of 1-r in the formula, so I hope that helps. Sorry that's so vague!

Advertisement