Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plc to ucd

Options
  • 28-05-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello just recently completed a level 5 plc got 7 distinctions 1 merit. I'm looking to go to ucd for computer science. I've distinctions in all the modules I needed to recieve a distinction in. Ucd requires 5 distinctions for Computer Science. Would there be a good chance of me getting this course from anyones experience. Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JoeKickass

I don't know the answer . I just had a question for you if you wouldn't mind answering . I'm doing the leaving cert now and am looking to do a plc . I was just wondering how hard is it to get a distinction . Like is chemistry and biology as hard in the plc as they are for leaving cert .

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

No it shouldn't be too hard I done software development so wouldn't be sure about chemistry and biology but you'll be doing assignments and that so it'll be easier. Just put in the work and you'll get them.

Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

J98 wrote: »
    Hello just recently completed a level 5 plc got 7 distinctions 1 merit. I'm looking to go to ucd for computer science. I've distinctions in all the modules I needed to recieve a distinction in. Ucd requires 5 distinctions for Computer Science. Would there be a good chance of me getting this course from anyones experience. Thanks very much.

Depends on a couple of things.
    How many places on the course are kept for FETAC applicants?
    Of those applicants, how many have more distinctions than you?

The organisers of your PLC course should know how/where people progressed before.

spurious wrote: »
    Depends on a couple of things.
    How many places on the course are kept for FETAC applicants?
    Of those applicants, how many have more distinctions than you?

The organisers of your PLC course should know how/where people progressed before.

I emailed UCD they replied saying "Last year, all FETAC applicants who applied for DN201 Computer Science and achieved distinctions in 5 modules in their qualification (which included a distinction in the required modules) were offered a place on the course by Round 5."

I have a course deferred at WIT but if there is a chance of me going to somewhere like UCD, UCC or DIT. I would change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DKinger107

Did you get in? Im doing a computer science plc myself and im just wondering

Advertisement