Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Wiring

Options
  • 28-05-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some advise.

I'm currently wiring my house and have run one 8 core cable to the centre of each window. Each cable is going back to a central location.

Most windows are 2.5 meters wide with the opening at each end. I was therefore going to just put an inertia sensor in the middle.

I'm now wondering should I also put contacts on the opening also? What would you recommend?

If I was to now put in contacts can I loop of the cable that I have installed. My understanding is that these can be wired in series. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Regards,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A combination of shocks and contacts are recommended. If the cable that's in place already is long enough then move it to one of the openings, then run another cable from there to the other opening. You'll then have two cables at one opening and a single cable at the other.

If the cable isn't long enough to reach to an opening then run a single cable from the center of the window to each opening. You'll then have three cables in the middle and a single cable at each opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Also OP don't forget:

External and Internal Sirens.
    A few Passive Infrared beams in common areas.
    Phone Line cable to incoming telephone line or Cat 5 cable to router ( or both )
    CCTV system ?????
    Intercom cables for future auto gates???????

Advertisement