Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant id?

Options
  • 27-05-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Can anyone id this plant?

I bought it in aldi last year it is seed ing now and i would like to id it to get more info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

hiujn wrote: »
    Can anyone id this plant?

I bought it in aldi last year it is seed ing now and i would like to id it to get more info.

Erysimum sp?
    Wallflower

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

I wasn't thinking before i posted and a search brought up nemesia on the aldi website but those are vry similar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I wasn't thinking before i posted and a search brought up nemesia on the aldi website but those are vry similar alright.

The flowers are nemesia, looks the were in a pot with some stocks which may account for the confusion with erysimum . Both are half hardy annuals and should be planted afresh this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Those are definitely 'bedding' wallflowers, an underappreciated biennial.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

A lovelt plant it was and highly scented too. The bees loved it so i think i'll save the seed and go again. I think the original seed cost 80 cent in aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

A lovelt plant it was and highly scented too. The bees loved it so i think i'll save the seed and go again. I think the original seed cost 80 cent in aldi.

It's a great plant. It was always planted years ago on the autumn along with sweet william. You'd buy them wrapped in newpaper and they'd flower the following year. They got superseded by pansies and primula but deserve to be planted in bigger quantities again. There's a whole generation that don't know them well enough!

Advertisement