Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update timezone information on JRE

Options
  • 27-05-2016 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I have written a Java program that compares 2 datetimes, both in different timezones.

Upon testing, I have noticed that the timezone for Moscow on my JRE is incorrect.

After reading this, it seems I need to run a TZ Updater utility to update the timezone info on my JRE.

The issue I have in that I deploy this code to, firstly a continuous integration box, then to many test environments.

Would this utility be required to run on all test environment machines? Has anyone here any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

We encountered this same issue through a client report/query only a few months ago, and basically it came down to (as the article says) the version of the JDK and JRE being used on different boxes, basically between maybe our replica environment, and their production, or something similar to that. I think the only options available really are to either use the updater utility you have linked, or to ensure that all the machines concerned use a recent enough version of Java that already has the up to date timezone information packaged. The latter might be the easier of the two to accomplish if you have something like puppet or chef available already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

cython wrote: »
    We encountered this same issue through a client report/query only a few months ago, and basically it came down to (as the article says) the version of the JDK and JRE being used on different boxes, basically between maybe our replica environment, and their production, or something similar to that. I think the only options available really are to either use the updater utility you have linked, or to ensure that all the machines concerned use a recent enough version of Java that already has the up to date timezone information packaged. The latter might be the easier of the two to accomplish if you have something like puppet or chef available already?

Oddly, bumping Joda time from 1.5.2 to 2.9.3 worked :confused:

Advertisement