Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax registration

Options
  • 26-05-2016 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well.

I recently ceased trading in a partnership last year and started a sole proprietorship and have just finished filling for my 2015 tax from the partnership with ROS. However, I am having difficulties filling for the sole trader part.

I thought I had to re-register for tax using the TR1 form but I received a letter from revenue stating I was already registered for tax.

I am confused however as the tax number used for filling is for myself and the other partner and thus I cannot file under that number?

Does anyone know how I would go about registering for ROS for just myself as it asks for a Regn. No./ Id No for registration.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just give the Revenue a call and they'll walk you through it..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Just give the Revenue a call and they'll walk you through it..

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have contacted them twice already and the first time I was told to email ROS help (which this seems to be a tax registration problem) so they can look into it and the second time I was told to register for tax again after ceasing trade with the partnership which I did and helped nothing :L

Would I be better going to my local tax office and inquiring about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Was it your local tax office you were taking to, you could try calling them again it all depends on who you get on the phone. I let me accountant look after everything. Might it be worth going to one for some advice. Could save you money in the long run. I'm a director as well sole trader, bit of an odd position but is tax efficient, it does mean 2 sets of accounts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Was it your local tax office you were taking to, you could try calling them again it all depends on who you get on the phone. I let me accountant look after everything. Might it be worth going to one for some advice. Could save you money in the long run. I'm a director as well sole trader, bit of an odd position but is tax efficient, it does mean 2 sets of accounts though.

Hi, I was in contact with my local tax office and with revenue online. I could not seem to find a nationwide number as I had to put in my PPS number to get a contact number to call.

I may go into my local tax office today and if they still cannot sort anything out I will contact an accountant in my area :) Thanks for the help and good luck with the company and business.

Advertisement