Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA has been Changed

Options
  • 25-05-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I wrote here a month or so ago asking if anyone had heard of changes happening to BTEA. Well the operational guidelines were edited on welfare.ie on the 16th of May. The new guidelines now state that all part time work undertaken will be means tested as per the primary payment. Which I basically gather means that your BTEA rate will be reduced in the same way JSA is reduced for casual dockets.

I did however come across this;
    (Cannot post URL's, but google 'BTEA scheme changes' and it should be the 3rd result, a pdf)

Which seems to be the notice circulated among welfare staff, from what I gather of this, the new guidelines to means test part time work will only be for people starting BTEA this September and will not apply to those who are already enrolled on the scheme.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement