Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The job market and chemical engineering

Options
  • 25-05-2016 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm wondering how the job market in Ireland is looking for grad/entry level chemical engineers. I know a few years ago at least there was high demand (and good wages?).
    I'd be grateful if anyone in the know could tell me where entry level salaries are at, and how employment opportunities are looking at the moment, and over the next year or two. Decline or rise in demand??

I'm primarily trying to set my expectations correctly, and I would like to hear from outside of my own circle. Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Have a look on

GradIreland
    Irishjobs.ie
    RecruitIreland
    LinkedIn jobs section

I think Irishjobs has a salary chart too

• Registered Users Posts: 4 QwrTY

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am aware of those sites and have looked at them. If they offered the info I wanted I wouldn't be asking. Most job postings are agencies with lots of possible duplication or fabrication, and the salaries are not stated as norm. Undisclosed and negotiable is stated for most. I don't see a salary chart on Irish jobs either? I've seen salary reports from recruiters and their figures can vary widely when compared.

I'm asking here to hear from some folks in the know, not be fobbed off with guidance councillor advice (no offense). Maybe there aren't any with experience or knowledge of this field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

EI used to have job stats for various afges supposedly based on survey. However that organisation, I believe, is biased towards employers so the results may be downplayed to reduce expectations.

...and if you think I'm neurotic, that's 'cos they are all looking at me!

Advertisement