Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Door Camera

Options
  • 25-05-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a camera system for callers to the front door - front door doesn't have a peep hole so just something that we could take a quick look at who is outside..

Wireless and battery powered preferably..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

What I got off Ebay is a Ennio wireless video intercom that you can view off a smart phone with their app cost me under €100. I got it for may dad who has limited mobility and this lets him talk and see the person at the door so sales man or other person who Dad does not want to open the door to he can tell them sling their hook with out getting out of his chair. if you search for wifi video intercom on ebay there is a loads to choose from. It is not battery powered.
    Another cheaper option but there is no bell function is a camera my mate got of deal extreme it is a wireless point and tilt camera which is powered over micro usb for a laugh we hoked it up using a 7000mah phone power bank and I think it way 2 days before we plugged it out and the battery still had a bit of charge I think the whole lot came to about €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

columf wrote: »
    What I got off Ebay is a Ennio wireless video intercom that you can view off a smart phone with their app cost me under 100. I got it for may dad who has limited mobility and this lets him talk and see the person at the door so sales man or other person who Dad does not want to open the door to he can tell them sling their hook with out getting out of his chair. if you search for wifi video intercom on ebay there is a loads to choose from. It is not battery powered.

Could it be powered off the existing door bell wiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

The power needed by the Ennio is 12v at 2 amp I think. When I was installing my one I asked my Dad who is a retired Sparks if I could use bell wire and he said I would be better off running a new cable I got a din rail mains ac to 12v 2.5amp power supply and mounted it in an electrical box over the door inside and dropped mains in from my attic and ran the power cable from the electrical box to to the bell out a small hole in the door frame.
    In short I thought bell wire would be enough but if a sparks with 50 years + experience tell's me not to then I take their advice. If you are not sure I would speak to a sparks see what they say

Advertisement