Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lptop college/work

Options
  • 25-05-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Grateful for some advice, returning to college part time next year, and finding laptop needed more for work, so looking out for one.

Budget: €500
    Intended use: Use for college, using applications director / photoshop. Also work

Mobility:Will be carrying from place to place.

Warranty: Not so important

What Operating System do you use? Windows more suitable for work.

I was looking in Argos, at the Lenovo 15.6 Inch Ideapad 100 Intel Core i3 8GB 1TB Laptop.for €420. Just wondering is this good value, or might there be better alternatives for around the same money.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The Lenovo is a fine laptop. It should be reliable and powerful enough for your intended usage. However it's a beast of a thing, and probably not something I would like to lug around college all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

Thanks for responding, I never thought to look into the weight of the laptop. But as I will be in college part time, It might be ok - if it fits the bill in terms of speed /storage etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just saw that you have photoshop and something called Director under your applications? What is director? Is it video editing? If you are going to be editing video I think you should save some more cash to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭CraftySue

adobe Director, it can add interactivity to content. Specs required on their site state 512MB of RAM, and 500MB of available hard-disk space. Might I be ok, I've kids with a tendency to break things.

Advertisement