Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a suitable replacement engine battery for a 1999 Fiat Ducato (2.8IDTD) Deth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

The 'correct' battery is 019 but its longer, barely fits and is a pain to get in and out, if dethleffs have fitted any relays, fuses behind it as some manufacturers do then the 019 might not fit.

That battery will be fine its probably made by yaesu for halfords, keep the receipt in case of warranty.

You sould be able to get a 3 year generic branded 096 for €65-€75 at a motorfactors if money is an issue.

Of course there are 'better' bateries if you pay more money but the main causes of failure of camper starters are excessive discharge / cycling, storage in discharged state leading to sulfation, bad chargers boiling the battery. No starter battery is designed to cope with that abuse.

Our 019 packed in after 6 years and I stuck in a tiny 063 I had in the shed to get us over the weekend. I ended up leaving it in as it started even better than the 019 (thin plates higher cranking amps). That was months ago its had no issue starting even in February at -3c.When it dies I will replace it with an 096 too probably.

Don't forget to weigh in the old one at the scrap yard.

Advertisement