Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How good is MSc in Computing from DCU for international students?

Options
  • 25-05-2016 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

MI just received a rejection from UCD and I am pretty disappointed right now. I only applied to DCU apart from UCD and got an acceptance letter from there. I have the acceptance letter of NCI as well. So my question is, should I go for MSc in data analytics from either DCU or NCI now that I don't have any other choice.

P. S. I am an international student with 4 years of experience in software development.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Was it with Smurfit UCD?
    DCU and NCI are both decent colleges so I suppose it depends on where is handier for you to get to? I don't know anything about the content of the courses.

I'm just writing my thesis at the moment for Data Analytics in DIT, found it to be a great hands on course but also got rejected from UCD ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mihirjoshi

Utah wrote: »
    Was it with Smurfit UCD?
    DCU and NCI are both decent colleges so I suppose it depends on where is handier for you to get to? I don't know anything about the content of the courses.

I'm just writing my thesis at the moment for Data Analytics in DIT, found it to be a great hands on course but also got rejected from UCD ;)

So I should go for it despite being an international student ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I can't answer that for you.
    Do you have your heart set on UCD? If so, are you willing to wait another year to see if you get accepted again.

If not, read up on DCU and NCI and see which course would best suit your needs. Do they cater for soft dev graduates?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mihirjoshi wrote: »

Both DCU and NCI are excellent institutions.

As Utah says, it probably will come down to cost/living expenses/location. NCI is city center, DCU is that bit outside the city.

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Both DCU and NCI are excellent institutions.

As Utah says, it probably will come down to cost/living expenses/location. NCI is city center, DCU is that bit outside the city.
    So NCI is cheaper than DCU or is it the other way around and which one of them has the better ROI.

• Advertisement

So NCI is cheaper than DCU or is it the other way around

I have no idea, that's something you would have to work out yourself.
    and which one of them has the better ROI.

It all depends on how you measure ROI, doesn't it?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    It all depends on how you measure ROI, doesn't it?

In terms of job opportunities after MSc in Data Analytics.

In terms of job opportunities after MSc in Data Analytics.

So have you looked at Irish Jobsites to see what the demand for graduates with Data Analytics is?

Advertisement