Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of a word processor for leaving cert

Options
  • 24-05-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey I've been granted the use of a word processor so laptop for use in the leaving cert. All I've been told is that I have to have a different usb stick for every subject so they can send it off to the department. However apart from that is there any other requirements like surely spell check isn't allowed? Also I could have notes saved onto my laptop? I wouldn't do that and cheat but do they just trust the examiner is watching you? If anyone can answer this for me! Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are supposed to check the computer and disable spellcheck etc. and yes, the supervisor will watch you.
    They may need a print out from the USB too, but that's up to the supervisor to organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xannax

spurious wrote: »
    They are supposed to check the computer and disable spellcheck etc. and yes, the supervisor will watch you.
    They may need a print out from the USB too, but that's up to the supervisor to organise.
    When you say check how much? I have over thousands of pictures on there and downloads etc.. Would they go through all of your stuff? I'd feel uncomfortable with that. Would I be better off using my mums laptop which is new and doesn't have much on it? Also thanks for getting back to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you would be much better off using a new laptop or one owned by the school.

Advertisement