Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokyo Mauri Glock 18c slide cracked

Options
  • 24-05-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hello. I bought a Glock 18c Tokyo Mauri a few months ago. The other day while I was shooting I noticed even cracks near the top of the barrel on both sides of the slide. I then emailed the seller with images of the damage.

It seems that because I was using green gas with the change in temperature it caused this damage. Apparently I am supposed to use 134a or 144a gas. What does these numbers refer to? Is it red gas?

So I need to replace the slide which will set me back 14.99. Is there any good stores online that sell official Tokyo Mauri parts? I was thinking of getting a metal slide. Are they any good? Will there be performance issues if I install one?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Not sure about the availability/quality of metal slides, but I use this company for TM spares and they are excellent:

http://eagle6.co.uk/shop/parts-by-gun/info-tokyo-marui-g18c-gbb-series.html

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=eagle6%20airsoft

HTH

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Cheers Adzski will take a look.

Got a response from the shop. So low pressure gas is known as 134A or 144A.
    Its also known as duster gas. Green gas should not be used once the temperature reaches over 15 degrees

€14.99 for the slide from AirsoftEire and they will install for free if I can get out to them. Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

DarraghR wrote: »
    Cheers Adzski will take a look.

Got a response from the shop. So low pressure gas is known as 134A or 144A.
    Its also known as duster gas. Green gas should not be used once the temperature reaches over 15 degrees

Never used anything but green gas in my 6 marui pistols all still original parts including a hicapa that's 8 years old and used in all weather's ,
    Personally I wouldn't bother with duster gas at all ,
    I'd replace the slide with either guarder slide or slightly more pricey airsoft surgeon (better fit and no mods needed ),

Really. So is there any other reason that my slide may have been damaged? The gun isnt even a year old. But in fairness temperatures did shoot up this month.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/dublin/207931/month/207931?monyr=5/01/2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Really. So is there any other reason that my slide may have been damaged? The gun isnt even a year old.

I reckon it's a manufacturer defect the quality of some of their plastic on some models seems to be a bit weaker compared to older models .

How many rounds have you put through it

Hmmmmmm so maybe I should question this with the shop. Doesn't seem fair me paying for a replacement part when I have had it less than a year.

5000 rounds max but id say closer to 4000

Anymore feedback would be great. Dont fancy paying for something if I am not at fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Like Gattling I've owned a couple TM's a Desert Eagle, FN 5-7 and a Couple hi capa's. The all ran like clockwork on red gas. I haven't gotten a glock because the slides crack easilly and won't be getting one till I have the money for a metal slide as well so I can skip the disappointment bit.

If you are worried about having to make the slide fit then guarder isn't an option as they always require some work to fit and function properly instead look for a manufacturer called Airsoft Masterpiece they just slide on.

So red gas is used in warmer weather. Which means I was at fault? Is it ok to use the same clip with red gas if i have previously used green?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

So red gas is used in warmer weather. Which means I was at fault? Is it ok to use the same clip with red gas if i have previously used green?

Actually its the opposite Red is more potent then green and designed for colder weather but I used it because stock Tm pistols usually have an fps between 275 and 295, red gas brought mine over the 300 mark.

So long as you keep the rubber seals well lubricated and the valves are perfectly seated and functional the magazine will hold just about any gas except Co2.

Advertisement