Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Sw-1070 new install feb-2012

Options
  • 24-05-2016 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I had a new alarm installed in may 2012. its a standard 3 bed semi.
    its self monitoring - text dialler - one PIR on system (wireless).

in the last few days the RKP is announcing low battery warning -call engineer.

when i entered RKP in engineer mode - service menu - nothing is flagged as a fault.

question: if the battery is dying - is there a different warning to indicate which battery eg..could it be the PIR?

Could it be the battery in panel? How to differentiate?
    I am astonished if the battery in the panel is to be replaced just after 4 years,
    appreciate advice , and is there any diagnostics that can be done to see why this occurred?

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Go into the log and it will tell you which device. It's more than likely a detector and I'd advise you to replace all the batteries at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thks I thought RF low battery warning would come on ..if wireless battery issue ?;

I see now it's an RF..device so it's the PIR. IS IT just a case of Engineering Code..open it replace battery...and out of menu ..and that's it?!thks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I see now it's an RF..device so it's the PIR. IS IT just a case of Engineering Code..open it replace battery...and out of menu ..and that's it?!thks

Yes. But as I said earlier, replace them all at the same time as they all go roughly at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

I had a new alarm installed in may 2012. its a standard 3 bed semi.
    its self monitoring - text dialler - one PIR on system (wireless).

in the last few days the RKP is announcing low battery warning -call engineer.

when i entered RKP in engineer mode - service menu - nothing is flagged as a fault.

question: if the battery is dying - is there a different warning to indicate which battery eg..could it be the PIR?

Could it be the battery in panel? How to differentiate?
    I am astonished if the battery in the panel is to be replaced just after 4 years,
    appreciate advice , and is there any diagnostics that can be done to see why this occurred?

paddy

I would check the log before replacing every battery if you have the engineer code.
    The first one to usually need replacing is the external bell.

• Advertisement

There is one wireless PIR. Replaced battery all well. Thks thread closed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

There is one wireless PIR. Replaced battery all well. Thks thread closed

Glad you got it sorted Paddy.

Advertisement