Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera and DVR

Options
  • 24-05-2016 5:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I am contemplating getting this camera and this DVR for the front of my house, which faces to the southwest, so there will be plenty of rain and wind bashing it.

Is the camera any good? Can I get a cheaper one of the same quality?

Is the DVR any good, or would I get a cheaper one elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

These cameras are IP66 rated which is the highest enviromental protection rating assignable to cameras.

Some more info
    IP66 – The first digit (6) indicates the camera is dust tight giving complete protection against any solid matter entering the equipment. The second digit (6) indicates the camera is protected against powerful jets of water meaning that a powerful jet can be aimed at the camera from any direction with no harmful effect.
    This would indicate the camera is completely impervious to damage from natural elements and can be placed in any outdoor location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

I'm also considering getting this: https://www.spycameracctv.com/spycamera/720-hd-covert-microsd-wireless-ip-spy-camera-hidden-smoke-detector

Do I need to hook up the audio input to get sound, or could that be sent over IP?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

511 wrote: »
    I'm also considering getting this: https://www.spycameracctv.com/spycamera/720-hd-covert-microsd-wireless-ip-spy-camera-hidden-smoke-detector

Do I need to hook up the audio input to get sound, or could that be sent over IP?
    Does anyone still use those? They are so obvious.
    Whats the application you are using it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

KoolKid wrote: »
    Does anyone still use those? They are so obvious.
    Whats the application you are using it for?

Doesn't matter, I sent them an email and audio input needs to be hooked up for sound. Getting power to one is hassle enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

511 wrote: »
    I am contemplating getting this camera and this DVR for the front of my house, which faces to the southwest, so there will be plenty of rain and wind bashing it.

Is the camera any good? Can I get a cheaper one of the same quality?

Is the DVR any good, or would I get a cheaper one elsewhere?

If this is for a self install you would pick up something cheaper from some of the suppliers here.
    They would also have kits set up for you to look at as apposed to buying direct off a site knowing nothing of the systems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement