Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Battlelog forums closing June 30

Options
  • 23-05-2016 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

“EA has announced that the official Battlefield 4 forums on Battlelog, where most of the community goes to discuss the game and connect, will close down June 30th. Instead, the discussion will be moved over to the new Battlefield Forums at forum.battlefield.com” – bf4central.com

http://bf4central.com/2016/05/official-battlelog-forums-closing-june-30/

Rumour is they may be discontinuing Battlelog which is used to launch PC games Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

So they will eventually takes down the master servers for bf3/4 just like what they did with bf2!? I hope that doesn't happen for a good long while :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Rumour is they may be discontinuing Battlelog which is used to launch PC games Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline...

A shame because I thought Battlelog had potential

sadly that potential was never really fully embraced

It was never used right.

They should have let servers have their own profile pages like platoons and players so there could be some interaction between server admin and the players and perhaps made a much more painless process for organizing events and specific map rotations or modes

and allowed players to schedule things. Like for example me penning in on my wall that I plan to play on X server at Y time, who wants to join me? Again if servers had an identity on battlelog you could have seen a streamlined process for booking slots or organizing small tournaments

We should have also seen the ability to not just form platoons but also teams/squads and battlelog tracked the stats when the squad played together.

But none of that happened, instead it was basic stat tracking and facebook lite.

And honestly the biggest problem with battlelog was simply the idiocy of having both it and Origin.

Ea should have picked one or the other (and at this point Origin is in a better state so pick that) but having both was just annoying, especially early on when Origin was nothing more then a glorified security check which battlelog could have filled just as easily without the need of having both my browser and origin running anytime I wanted to play battlefield.

Though I have no issues with the loss of the forums, I had more respect for the battlefield community before I came face to face with the official forums.

Advertisement