Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Break in Europe - HELP please!

Options
  • 23-05-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me, I am trying to find a short break in Europe, not a long flight as it'll only be for 4/5 nights, near a beach not really necessary, nice area for drinks and dinner, pool at hotel needed esp if not near a beach. Can go anytime in June or July apart from 17th June or 8th July, have to be at home for those dates. Need it to be over a weekend so it minimises days off work.

I have been searching on Skyscanner, Ireland to Anywhere but struggling to find cheap flights. Ideally would love cheap flights to Faro (or similiar) and can figure out accommodation after.

Budget not good, as cheap as possible (<€100 each?). We had a holiday booked for two weeks ago but OHs work wouldnt give him the time off so we missed out on that and therefore holiday money already gone.

If anyone has spotted any cheap deals that I am missing, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Vigo? Ryanair flies direct now. It's my favourite cheap sun spot.

Bologna 7th to 12th June

Ryanair

€34.19 each way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

athtrasna wrote: »

I was actually looking at this earlier but havent heard of it before. Could you recommend somewhere to stay?
    Bologna 7th to 12th June

Ryanair

€34.19 each way

Will check it out, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Any opinions on Alicante? Better to head to Benidorm? Only reason is it coming out on top is its over BH weekend and can get an extra day there for same holidays from work.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I would prefer Alicante to Benidorm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Try Nantes in France. One hour 10 minutes on the plane. Local train station for day trips. (visit Le Croisic). Good shopping. Great foodie streets and bars. We stayed at the Adagio apartments. Upgrade to a larger room.

you won't get cheap flights to Spain and Portugal this summer unfortunately.
    with the violence in north africa last year, the demand there has gone down, pushing more onto Spain, Portugal, Greece.
    cheap flight to France or Italy your best option if you can find one.
    outside chance of some lesser known place in Spain like Vigo as suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

athtrasna wrote: »

I have looked at a few images of Vigo and I thought that the place looked at bit scruffy. Not great hotels either. Can you advise?

Is this Ryanair's back door in to Santiago de Compostela?

Advertisement