Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old School Problem - Win 7 no admin PW

Options
  • 22-05-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I recently started working in a new area, there is a PC, A clunky old Dell with Windows 7 installed.

Problem is, it's been there so long that only one of the three accounts has a password anyone remembers... and it's not the Admin account:mad:

I can't upgrade the virus software or do anything else without the admin password and the main account, where all the important info and docs are, is also passwordless.

Is there any way of changing the admin password - I could then get into the other account too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There are several tools that can extract NT passwords, just boot from CD and wait 30 seconds job. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Ponder013 wrote: »
    I recently started working in a new area, there is a PC, A clunky old Dell with Windows 7 installed.

Problem is, it's been there so long that only one of the three accounts has a password anyone remembers... and it's not the Admin account:mad:

I can't upgrade the virus software or do anything else without the admin password and the main account, where all the important info and docs are, is also passwordless.

Is there any way of changing the admin password - I could then get into the other account too...

hiren boot cd

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Trinity rescue kit

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

NTpasswd is a free, legit tool you can use to reset passwords on a Windows system.

Advertisement