Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert Irish

Options
  • 22-05-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm doing my junior cert this year. For Irish we did two poems "subh Milis" and "an luichin sa scoil." We also studied two short stories "spás" and "calua" are any of you familiar with them? Just wondering if we've done enough and if our stories/poems cover enough different topics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

I've done an luichín sa scoil and calua. Both of them are basically garbage, and very hard to write about. Going into third year now, we have 4 poems and 4 stories. The consensus is that there are 2 or 3 more we should do to have all the themes covered. It might be worth learning an gleann inar tógadh me. Its my the first president, and ties in with a lot of themes. Real pleaser for the examiner. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elliebates635

I've done an luichín sa scoil and calua. Both of them are basically garbage, and very hard to write about. Going into third year now, we have 4 poems and 4 stories. The consensus is that there are 2 or 3 more we should do to have all the themes covered. It might be worth learning an gleann inar tógadh me. Its my the first president, and ties in with a lot of themes. Real pleaser for the examiner. Good luck
    Thank you!! Getting so desperate to be honest, I'll look at that later on, fingers crossed something relating to spás will come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I believe Calua is the one about the whale?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I believe Calua is the one about the whale?

Yes. The reason we don't do many stories from the book is the lack of themes they apply too. We did half from the book, half from handouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yes. The reason we don't do many stories from the book is the lack of themes they apply too. We did half from the book, half from handouts.

Good thing I'm in pass so:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 John_2187

We did "Dioltas an Mhada rua", "An rún","Punk" for short stories they're all pretty easy some easier to write on than others (Mada Rua and An Rún)

For poetry we've done "Chlaon me mo Cheann" and "Fear lasta lampaí" and "Siar a Raghadsa" and I have to say these 3 poems get pretty much every point covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

All I have studied is:

Prós: An tÁdh
    Filíocht: An Gleann inár Tógadh Mé, An t-Ózón, Na Blátha Craige, Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa

However, I am focusing on An Gleann inár Tógadh Mé. I have went through exam questions and these two studied literature are perfect!

Advertisement