Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Caravan advice please :)

Options
  • 22-05-2016 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm buying a caravan privately and it was bought new from Charles camping a few years ago does Charles camping cris register caravans ? Also if not how can I find out what year the caravan is and not when it was bought from Charles camping as it may have been in Charles campings yard for a long time ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Is the VIN etched on the windows and is there a Cris sticker ?
    There should also be a label somewhere near the door with VIN the details.
    You could check on the manufacturers website or ring them.
    I know for Bailey caravan you can put the VIN into website and get all the details etc.
    As I understand it, it is the manufacturers who register with Cris initially.

But surely the seller also has his invoice/service records from Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

Wouldnt have thought there are many new caravans stocked 'on the off chance' in Ireland (since the market is so small). Given the variety of models, spec, layouts I'd say most are imported to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

If the full details of what you are looking to buy are not available (including a basic like the year of registration) then I'd be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There should be a vin plate somewhere visable with weights etc, as said before cris registering always has numbers etched on the Windows - always !!

If your really unsure maybe ring Charles camping with the model and they will telly you where to find the vin, maybe then they can tell you if the sale was genuine.

Stolen vans is a huge problem and I'd suspect Ireland is seen as a soft outlet for them.

Advertisement