Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 2 | Episode 7 | Shiva [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 21-05-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Episode 7 - "Shiva"

Airdate - May 22nd on AMC at 9/8c | May 23rd on AMC UK at 2am (and again at 9pm)

The family faces their biggest test yet; Nick, Madison, Travis and others try to stay close to each other.

Promo

Sneak Peek

How did you rate this episode? 29 votes

0%
    3%
    Keplar240B 1 vote
    0%
    3%
    Hank Scorpio 1 vote
    20%
    duridianPotential-MonkericeroCiano35Alonso77Rosie Rant 6 votes
    17%
    Lone StonefrashrobertpattersonobriendjMonife 5 votes
    17%
    princemuzzygibson-les-rickexpectationlostAvatar MIA[Deleted User] 5 votes
    10%
    Shane St.brianregan09davo2001 3 votes
    17%
    Howard the DuckFreeOSCARwhite applesosheenMac B 5 votes
    10%
    Duckworth_Luaslazybones32CiaranW 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

Bit disappointed with that. It's Herschel's farm all over again, the fire, everyone getting separated. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Daniel will be a big loss to the show.

They have all gone bat **** crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Episode 7 - "Shiva"

Airdate - May 22nd on AMC at 9/8c | May 23rd on AMC UK at 2am (and again at 9pm)

Promo

Sneak Peek

It was s bit inaccurate to say they tried to stay together.

Thought it was a bit weird that Daniel and Nick lost it, was s bit underdeveloped. Was that the mid season finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was that the mid season finale? If so it was poor. Hope Nick and Daniel appear again, they're the best characters along with Strand. Crazy boy and father are no loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

NUTZZ wrote: »
    ...again at 9pm)
    The family faces their biggest test yet; Nick, Madison, Travis and others try to stay close to each other.

Promo
    It was s bit inaccurate to say they tried to stay together.

Well I suppose in fairness, Travis did try to stay close to Chris. Of course that was at the expense of being farther away from the rest of them. (and losing most of the skin on soles of his feet)

I have absolutely no idea WTF Nick is trying to do, or to whom (or what) he's trying to be close.

Overall I am mostly of the same mind as you. It was a heck of a weird effort at staying close. I am pretty disappointed with this episode after quite enjoyed last week's. Not as annoyed as I was by the finale of the main show, but still, I expected more from Fear this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what was the deal with travis' feet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Strange episode. The whole thing just feels so rushed and under developed. Your one who plays madison is one awful actress. Nick, Daniel and Strand the only good characters.

Why do they keep killing off characters so quick? Abigail and now celia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Are they just ticking boxes to get through as many scenarios as possible?
    A few episodes ago everyone was normal and now 3 main characters have gone crazy in 1 show. There is little point in splitting the story between the boat; Travis and his turd and the addict, if you can't make it interesting while they're all together...
    I'm glad it's mid-season finale.

And what a crappy way to write Salazar out of it! Pours petrol (on a tile floor) in a cellar filled with vats of (wine?) and the whole compound burns within minutes...yet there was no evidence of cecilia having been eaten when he entered the cellar; no pool of blood or zombies munching on her still-warm corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

duridian wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea WTF Nick is trying to do, or to whom (or what) he's trying to be close.

Nick is a heroin addict, which could be seen as another type of "walking dead". Not surprising that he feels at home when covered in guts and moving silently amidst a herd of zombies.

I don't buy the Chris storyline at all.

Glad Strand is still with us, but Daniel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Is it definite he's dead? I mean if Glenn can survive what looked to having had his insides ripped out, Daniel should be able to overcome being seen behind a few flames. He would be a big loss to the show.

It seems to be that these guys are what would be considered antagonists from an objective point of view (ok, they've come across bigger antagonists too, but that doesn't change my point).
    • When they left their home, they left the gates swinging open for anyone to get in.
    • They f*cked over hundreds of people to rescue three by unleashing a horde.
    • They screwed up the Park Ranger's family setup.
    • By latching on to Strand, (mini Jack Black) got killed.
    • They disagreed with Celia's philosophy, why of course! Your first reaction *must be* to kill the leader and burn the place down.
    Basically, anywhere they go, bad sh1t happens and people die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I found it an odd episode , like I wasn't paying attention and scenes were happening as if I'd missed something from last week. maybe I wasn't paying attention.

One thing I found funny was travis having fcked up feet and in the next scene is in a full blown sprint chasing his kid with no limp or sign of pain.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Monife wrote: »
    Was that the mid season finale?

Yes, next episode doesn't air until August 21, 2016.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with this show overall, the plot is poor, the acting is terrible. Just a bad stop gap for WTD.

Would anyone else not mind if it was the absolute finale? Salzaar probably dead, nick roaming, 3 people I don't care about (plus strand) going off in a pick up truck , a father & son I care even less about gone off too. Not majorly invested in the outcome myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Nick is a heroin addict, which could be seen as another type of "walking dead". Not surprising that he feels at home when covered in guts and moving silently amidst a herd of zombies.

I don't buy the Chris storyline at all.

Glad Strand is still with us, but Daniel :(

That's a good point actually. They might be making some sort of parallel between heroin addiction and being a zombie, and as a result Nick, on some level, feels a sort of kinship with the walkers. It's definitely a strange one, but you may be on the right track to what the show writers intend with Nick.

Chris and Travis storyline, to me, serves no purpose other than perhaps improving our Spanish when they encounter more Mexicans.
    Seriously, I have almost reached a level that I'd class as pidgin Latin Spanish just by watching shows like this, Breaking Bad & BCS, The Bridge (US), Jane the Virgin, Dexter, OITNB, etc., etc., and picking up words and phrases from the Latin characters in them. :cool:

I'll be very unhappy too if this is curtains for Daniel. One of the most interesting characters in the show (plus I could pick up more Spanish from him, ;) I actually found him fairly easy to follow, his pronunciation or something, when he spoke in Spanish.) :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Agree with the above poster who said the actress that plays Madison is poor.

"Nick come on, Nick lets go. Nick."

Not entirely convincing for a mother in a post apocalyptic world with a burning farm, a herd of zombies and army of pissed off locals with guns chasing you down. All with the strong possibility of never seeing your son again.

Daniel was shown to be tough as nails up to a few episodes ago and now out of nowhere, loses his mind. One minute hes sneaking a weapon into the camp and the next he's sitting on a bed staring at the wall ( previous episode ). A man who has shown he knows how to torture people and handles weaponry. Hopefully he survives as he's one of the more interesting characters in the show.

The show would be at no loss if Travis and his son were killed off. Just annoying.

Didn't take to Strand at first as he was almost robotic, but given how we've seen his emotional side hes a much more likeable character.

Plotlines feel fairly off the rails and undeveloped, but imo it's still a decent show. It's hard to find good zombie tv series or movies so I`ll definitely keep watching.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/05/22/fear-the-walking-dead-season-2-episode-7-review-shiva/#8fee0ed78b4a

Forbes article sums up how most of us on this thread feel.

In other news Frank Spillane was charged with battery yesterday while filming in LA! Cranky boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

well i loved the first season of this but this has just utter ****e, the farm 2 well done ... well done..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

This show is garbage, i think i am giving up on it now.
    I stayed with The Walking Dead through thick and thin.
    The female lead is basically Andrea 2.0 with a more annoying voice.
    All she says is "Straaaand" in a really whiny voice. They try to make her a strong woman but she's an idiot!
    None of the characters interest me bar Strand and Daniel (who looks like he is gone now).
    Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm clearly the only one who thought it was a good episode! I don't think that's the last we'll of see of Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Funnily enough, even with the crap acting, and terrible story line, and the parallels between Hershels farm, I really enjoyed this too!

Thought the cinematography was great, the music. Really liked all the smoke etc and the walkers / workers/ shadows roaming throughout it.

I think a lot of people would crack in the first few weeks of the outbreak. Seeing loved ones die and turn, or having to kill them would be massively damaging. I can understand why so many are becoming unhinged at once. When we meet ricks gang they've already been through this level essentially, and have mostly found their place.
    I quite like how Chris has gone all loopy, as an angsty teenager could.
    I thinks eh female characters are fairly under developed compared to the men. The mother is supposed to be a leader type, but I just can't see it. Her daughter had a fleeting romance and that's it. Bit trivial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

God that was awful. Truly awful. Where to begin? It was just a mess from the word go.

I can only echo what was said in here. Travis is a dope and his son is intensely unlikeable. Madison has one expression through the whole show...that gazing into the distance, not quite there look. Very annoying.

Can someone tell me anything Ofelia has done of note in this series. Anything. Please. And poor Daniel. The most interesting character in the show, the one who has showed proper leadership, and then they have have him go full on crazy and burn the place down.

I don't know who or what Nick is supposed to be now and his sister is just...there. Strand still just about has my attention but he's demystified now and is less interesting as a character.

I wanted this show to succeed when a lot of people were giving out about it last season and I still do but it's impossible to see how it can be saved from itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Extremely annoying that Dougray Scott was killed of so soon too. An actual proper actor who seemed to have an interesting character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

God that was awful. Truly awful. Where to begin? It was just a mess from the word go.

I can only echo what was said in here. Travis is a dope and his son is intensely unlikeable.

I've not disliked a kid as much since young Ben was in Eastenders.

Think this show is utter pants, They seem to be going for a different style and it just feels off. The action is crap , they are trying to be more of a horror show but fail totally. It might scare a 5 year old or maybe my girlfriend who is scared very easily ...almost like a 5 year old.

I'll keep watching it but it's muck.

Advertisement