Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETCI electrical standards

Options
  • 21-05-2016 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone clarify for me, is it the case that if all circuits feeding a room is protected by an RCD, then there is no equipotential bonding requirements for anything in that room???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Are you talking about bonding plumbing work?

Not sure on exact regs on what you are asking but I don't think there is any connection, any copper plumbing needs to be bonded to dissipate static, this has nothing to do with RCD protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Steve wrote:
    Not sure on exact regs on what you are asking but I don't think there is any connection, any copper plumbing needs to be bonded to dissipate static, this has nothing to do with RCD protection.

With copper piping I'd say it's more to do with equipotential bonding than static dissipation.

If continuous copper piping is used you must measure continuity between any different parts that can be simultaneously touched.

If it's less than 0.05ohms then you must cross bond.

That's my understanding anyway. If plastic piping is used with just copper up turns, then no cross bonding required.

Advertisement