Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there property charges ? Stamp duty

Options
  • 21-05-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

What fees do you pay when buying a house?
    Surveyor solicitor what else is there ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

sadie1502 wrote: »

stamp duty 1% of the first million.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

I don't understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I don't understand?

You pay stamp duty of 1% of the purchase value of the house to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I don't understand?

You buy for €100,000 you pay a duty of 1% (€1,000)
    You will also have solicitors fees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pick a house.
    Pay 1% of purchase price to state as stamp duty.
    Pay your solicitor to handle purchase, legal searches, planning searches, land registry registration etc, no set fee here as they all have a different base fee but about €2500 should cover it.
    You may then need to pay surveyor to give a report for the bank. Depending on survey required, price can range from €150-€500.
    Then it's your furniture, fixtures and fittings.

All of the above is on the assumption that you are aware of your deposit requirements and meet the mortgage rules etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

kceire wrote: »
    Pick a house.
    Pay 1% of purchase price to state as stamp duty.
    Pay your solicitor to handle purchase, legal searches, planning searches, land registry registration etc, no set fee here as they all have a different base fee but about €2500 should cover it.
    You may then need to pay surveyor to give a report for the bank. Depending on survey required, price can range from €150-€500.
    Then it's your furniture, fixtures and fittings.

All of the above is on the assumption that you are aware of your deposit requirements and meet the mortgage rules etc

Yeah we have all of the above but I thought stamp duty was done away with. Conveyance stamp duty surveyor fitxures and furniture we have this all accounted for it was the stamp that I wasn't too sure on. Thanks

Advertisement