Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera view on TV

Options
  • 21-05-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

I have a few IP camera's in my own home and they work great. I can get a live broadcast up on my phone pretty easily. My parents recently saw this and would like to have the same for front and rear garden but they'd need to be able to view a live feed on their TV.
    Is there anything out there that would do this cheaply? Or even a different IP camera that can also send a video signal to a TV. Ideally it would have the same features as my IP cam, so motion detection, alert notifications and recording to SD.
    I came across netcamviewer but was hoping to find a similar product for less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I know zip about this but what I did was use a piece of kit that spliced the analogue output from the recording box into the cable from the terrestrial aerial cable before it split into 4 and I have the 4 Tvs set up with it on channel nine, (single number to press) [the recorded picture is digital. ] It cost about 50 euro in a bricks and mortar shop and I used RG9 for the CCTV feed to the terrestrial TV cable

I looked at the HDMI option for this but the cabling to each TV was just too expensive, as well as difficult, as crimping terminations on a HDMI cable is beyond my skill level

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

s.welstead wrote: »
    I have a few IP camera's in my own home and they work great. I can get a live broadcast up on my phone pretty easily. My parents recently saw this and would like to have the same for front and rear garden but they'd need to be able to view a live feed on their TV.
    Is there anything out there that would do this cheaply? Or even a different IP camera that can also send a video signal to a TV. Ideally it would have the same features as my IP cam, so motion detection, alert notifications and recording to SD.
    I came across netcamviewer but was hoping to find a similar product for less.

How about Zoneminder plugin in Kodi running a PI or something similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

NoDrama wrote: »
    How about Zoneminder plugin in Kodi running a PI or something similar...

I have a Minix setup for them with Kodi installed but getting them to actually use it is a pain. They just ignore it and stick with the normal TV channels. It might be an option but ideally a single TV channel would suit them better.

Funny thing is I give my Dad my old android phones and he's pretty good at using them but ask him to use an Android TV box and he has palpations.

Advertisement