Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achilles heel protectors

Options
  • 21-05-2016 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this is the right forum to ask, mods please move if there is somewhere better.

Got a great (and cute) pair of waterproof boots. They're snow boots really but great for countryside walking in waterlogged fields. Or they would be but, tried them out last night and they shredded my heels over the Achilles' tendon.

Is there such a thing as a protector for that area? The boots are comfortable otherwise. They're fur lined so need something I can apply to my heel and not to the inside of the boot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I normally just wear plasters as a preventative measure if I suspect my footwear is going to cut me. I think fabric plasters are the best for this as they're less likely to slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Thanks SarahMollie.

Ive ordered a couple of pairs of anti blister socks to wear with them - so fingers crossed. I am going to keep a pack of plasters with them too (I keep them in my car boot for unexpected rainy day walking).

Advertisement