Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair/renovate vintage handbag

Options
  • 21-05-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

I have a lovely vintage leather handbag but the strap started coming apart and I stupidly left in with local shoe repair place who honestly made a hames of it, it makes me sad to look at it, stitched (not along original line) in wrong colour thread & liberal gluing :(
    Can anyone rec where I could bring it (dublin) that could undo bad job & re-do - the leather could do with re-dying or polishing too.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Give Donnolly leathers on Harcourt St, they carry out all sorts of repairs in leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Definitely go to the place on Harcourt St., I got a fab vintage leather attache case in a chairty shop a few years ago they did an amazing job and you would barely even know their materials used to fix it weren't the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Thanks girls, I'll bring it in on Friday & see what they can do, it's the undoing the botch job that'll be the real test!

Advertisement