Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Webcam Central 2.0

Options
  • 21-05-2016 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Anyone has this software? If have a dell laptop and the resource cd then you may have it.

I am looking for it and cant find anywhere online.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Maybe try this (from here):

"This is the direct link to download the Dell Webcam Central progam. This is the full version of the program and not an update. The software will install Webcam Central version 1.40.05 Please note that the "Driver Details" page will list this as for a Dell SX2210 monitor. This is the correct link for the Webcam Central software for all notebook systems shown under the "Compatibility" drop-down.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Some XPS Models need Windows 7 drivers downloaded from Drivers & Downloads. If you have an XPS laptop please visit the Drivers & Downloads website, enter your service tag number, and look for your webcam drivers under the header INPUT."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Anyone has this software? If have a dell laptop and the resource cd then you may have it.

I am looking for it and cant find anywhere online.

Thanks

I had that on my old XPS 17. I'll see if there is a resource CD at home somewhere if they link in the post above doesn't sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Maybe try this (from here):

"This is the direct link to download the Dell Webcam Central progam. This is the full version of the program and not an update. The software will install Webcam Central version 1.40.05 Please note that the "Driver Details" page will list this as for a Dell SX2210 monitor. This is the correct link for the Webcam Central software for all notebook systems shown under the "Compatibility" drop-down.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Some XPS Models need Windows 7 drivers downloaded from Drivers & Downloads. If you have an XPS laptop please visit the Drivers & Downloads website, enter your service tag number, and look for your webcam drivers under the header INPUT."

Thanks for the link mate, I found that as well but that's the old version. I am looking for version 2 or above.

On page 7 someone has added a link for dropbox for version 2 but I guess the file is deleted. Its not working.

mordeith wrote: »
    I had that on my old XPS 17. I'll see if there is a resource CD at home somewhere if they link in the post above doesn't sort it.

If you can find the resource cd that will be great.

Not sure why Dell has made it so difficult to find the software.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    If you can find the resource cd that will be great.

Not sure why Dell has made it so difficult to find the software.

The DVD won't open on my wife's old laptop. I have no optical drive on my new one so will have to wait it try it in work next week. In the meantime I copied the contents of the program folder and uploaded it to drive. No guarantee that will work as you may need to use the installer. Worth a try though.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65tFE3rnJDhWEVEYnhybXpBXzQ

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately it wont work without the install. Hope the DVD works at your work place. Thanks

Hey, Sorry for the late reply (kept leaving the DVD at home :rolleyes:).
    Unfortunately there are no drivers (or any installation software) for Webcam Central 2.0 on the support DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Have you tried this ?

Ken

Advertisement