Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Media, Graphic Design College help :)

Options
  • 20-05-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, this might be a long shot---but I'm a bit at my wits end!
    I've done graphic design (fetac 5) and Illustration in BCFE and wanted to do more in regards to graphic design, perhaps game and app design and even some video editing/after effects things? I thought the umbrella term of digital media meant all the above, and thus went to discover anything with that!

ITB seemed to be it---people doing VR games, along with graphics (a student recently graduated and got the greeting card job I applied for). All good to go, right? Well, yeah. I attended their end of year show, and while some projects looked pretty awesome--It just didn't make me go 'ah, this is it!' and has left some niggling worries in me.

Is there anyone from ITB doing graphic design work? I've tried to find any of the graduates doing this, but a lot seem to go into film. I don't want to do a course soley based on drawing---I've done two already, and feel the emphasis on web design, UX design, app design and game design is where I'm lacking. Editing and film would be great too. I would super appreciate anyone's opinions, or personal stories, or really anything that could help?

I really appreciate it. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Graphic Designer

Have to looked at the Graphic Design HND in Ballyfermot? The graduates tend to do really well out of it (I'm one :)). It's quite technical, but in second year there's a real emphasis on the practical application of technical skills. Some of my class mates were really strong on illustration, and they were totally allowed to "be illustrative" in their work. Hope that helps :)

Advertisement