Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency requesting rent increase

Options
  • 20-05-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

I have been living in the same place for the last 4 years and the agency (via phone) have just informed me that the landlord wishes to increase the rent from €700 to €850. While this is a bit high I don't really dispute it as it will be the first increase since I moved in.

My question is related to how/when it can take effect? The citizens information page leads me to believe that they have to communicate the increase in writing and have to give 90 days notice:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/rent_increases.html

Does this mean that if I was to get a letter on Monday stating that the rent is increasing that the actual increase cannot take effect for 90 days ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

90 days is my understanding based on the recent legislation

Advertisement