Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I risk it on the CAO?

Options
  • 19-05-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, not to sure where to post my question regarding CAO choices.

I returned to education this year doing a FETAC level 5. My plan was to continue on doing a level 8 in LIT and, due to the some special agreement my PLC college has with LIT, so long as I passed my course and obtained 3 distinctions (I earned 7 distinctions 1 merit) it's pretty much a guaranteed spot. However, my guidance counselor told me my LIT choice has to be number 1 on the CAO to avail of the 'round zero' offer.

Here's where I'm torn. UCC has 5 spots on its Law course for FETAC students who present with a minimum of 4 distinctions. If I put UCC as my first choice and don't get the spot, I'll be competing with Leaving Cert students for a spot in LIT.

I don't want to be left without a place on a level 8 course in September but I'd really prefer to do Law.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

How many points is the LIT degree normally? With 7 distinctions I think you'd be fairly sure of an offer of that on round 1 anyway if you didn't get law.

You could also look and see if LIT have an ordinary degree which leads to the same Level 8 degree if you put that down on the other side.

Advertisement