Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS for a mortgage

Options
  • 19-05-2016 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

as the tittle suggests, myself and the OH are applying for a mortgage in principal with EBS, there rate is 3.7% which seems to be one of the best on the market?

I know a competitive rate is important, but dealing and working with the bank is very important too, any feedback, advive or help greatly appreicated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭ted1

as the tittle suggests, myself and the OH are applying for a mortgage in principal with EBS, there rate is 3.7% which seems to be one of the best on the market?

I know a competitive rate is important, but dealing and working with the bank is very important too, any feedback, advive or help greatly appreicated
    AIB are looking to be the lowest in the market. They have 3.4% starting in July and expect to go 3% soon after. There LTV rate is 3.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

ted1 wrote: »
    AIB are looking to be the lowest in the market. They have 3.4% starting in July and expect to go 3% soon after. There LTV rate is 3.1

What are aib to deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Take a look at the new entrant also. Frank Money. Sould have regulatory approval soon. Website is up already.

What are aib to deal with?

No different than others

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

We have had a mortgage with ebs for 5 years. They were the only company who would offer us a mortgage.
    Found them excellent to deal with. They try twice for the mortgage, so if it's due on the 5th of the month and your wages don't go in until the 6th, they will try again on the 12th. No charges or penalties.
    Haven't had any issues at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

ted1 wrote: »
    No different than others

I would not agree with this. I found them very difficult to deal with. If going with aib i would avoid emortgages and deal with a branch directly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

EBS are grand, I'm due to draw down soon so hopefully AIB will pass on the rate cut the EBS or offer a cash back deal or something.

EBS open through lunch and offer meeting outside 9-5 which I found helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

In my experience, EBS are never in any rush to help you. But AIB and BOI were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I'm with EBS and found them alright to deal with. But i am disappointed they didn't pass on the same rate cut as their Parent company AIB as they normally do. I don't think its a good sign by them. If i was going again i'd avoid them.

Evil-p wrote: »
    I would not agree with this. I found them very difficult to deal with. If going with aib i would avoid emortgages and deal with a branch directly

Really that's not my experience, I rang them up and said I want a mortgage and it was all done over the phone only dropped into a branch once to sign a form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Letree wrote: »
    I'm with EBS and found them alright to deal with. But i am disappointed they didn't pass on the same rate cut as their Parent company AIB as they normally do. I don't think its a good sign by them. If i was going again i'd avoid them.

They will shortly I'm told, either that or a cash back offer. Once AIB have lapped up all the positive publicity it'll happen I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ian_80

Letree wrote: »

Agree with you there.......they're never eager to pass anything on

Advertisement