Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop absolutely WRECKING my head.

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of laptops, but my favourite has no sound whatsoever. It came with Vista, and upgrade disk to 7. Upgrades over the years now have it at Windows 10.

It appears that this is a known issue where Toshiba did not build drivers for it and the general consensus online is to uninstall win10 drivers and manually install older 7/8 drivers. I have tried this numerous times with no sucess.

Today I used the onboard partition to wipe it and reinstall as a clean laptop but it still is not fixed and still have Win 10.

Anyone around with any more ideas or fancy a challenge? I did get a slight beep out of it earlier reinstalling but nothing since.

Its a Toshiba Satellite P300 1CN. Has Harmon Kardon speakers and pumps out the music (when it fecking works)

I do not mind paying a few quid if you can do something with it, but its my favourite and want it fixed. My new Toshiba is nothing on this one. I am in Tallaght.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Very annoying indeed. I've had my own drivers issues with a Windows 8.1 upgrade. When you look under device manager, what does it say about audio devices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Thank you for the reply and attempt to help me. In control panel everything is recognised but the drivers are incompatible. After a wipe and full reinstall I gave up at 3am.

I gave it to computer repairs in old Bawn and they couldnt do it so now that are wiping the whole thing and putting on win 7. I hate everything about win 10.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I ended up going back to 8.1 in my case. But have 10 on my other machine and it's lovely. It's a nice OS with nice added features over 7. But useless without audio to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That laptop has a Toshiba sound chip so ongoing driver support will not be good.

The repair shop rang me today. Its now fine with Win 7. Gotta collect it monday and expect it to be perfect.

Maybe its just me, but I really hate win 10, maybe I just need to learn how to use it though.

• Advertisement

Just an update folks. Got the laptop back. Its like new. Sound pumping, wound back to windows 7 and I am delighted.

Top marks to Computer Repair, Old Bawn shopping centre.

Advertisement