Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arch Technologist & Certs of compliance

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hoping some of you may be able to help with a couple of queries I have in relation to Architectural Technologists and the issuing of Certs of compliance.

I'm planning to go out working for myself next year and would like a bit of feedback from other Arch techs or whoever may be able to help shed some light on my situation.

If I were to set up on my own and get the necessary PI would I be able to issue Certs of compliance with with planning & B Regs or is there certain barriers to entry similar to taking on the role as an assigned certifier?

I've heard mixed reports that competent professionals such as Arch Techs that hold PI are able to oversee projects from start to finish and are fully entitled to issue the necessary Certs on completion. Someone also mentioned that this was not the case. Any ideas?

I'm also in the process of applying for chartered membership of CIAT, would it be a requirement to be registered with a body such as the above if I were to set up my own practice?

Any feedback Is much appreciated!i

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If I were to set up on my own and get the necessary PI would I be able to issue Certs of compliance with with planning & B Regs or is there certain barriers to entry similar to taking on the role as an assigned certifier?
    I presume you mean 'Opinion of Compliance with...', if so then, you certainly can issue your opinion on compliance with planning permission and building regulations, whether this would be acceptable or not would depend on who it is being completed for and what their criteria are.
    I've heard mixed reports that competent professionals such as Arch Techs that hold PI are able to oversee projects from start to finish and are fully entitled to issue the necessary Certs on completion. Someone also mentioned that this was not the case. Any ideas?
    Depends on the solicitors involved, etc.,
    I'm also in the process of applying for chartered membership of CIAT, would it be a requirement to be registered with a body such as the above if I were to set up my own practice?
    In my opinion, a must for any self employed AT, also make sure you are on the register of AT's for the CIAT.

Advertisement