Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Sport

Options
  • 19-05-2016 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭

New GT out on 18th November for PS4. Looks class which is nothing new for GT but interested to see how it plays. Watching a live stream a while ago for esports trophy, looked really good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Sarn

That looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

actual release date of 2025 confirmed? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Really hope the car physics and engine sounds dont suck balls like the last 2 games.

The cars sounded like leaf blowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

If it is just a graphically updated GT3 i will be well happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doge wrote: »
    Really hope the car physics and engine sounds dont suck balls like the last 2 games.

The cars sounded like leaf blowers.

Apparently not much has changed.

I think Forza has totally out paced GT by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have they got beyond 8 cars/track yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apparently not much has changed.

I think Forza has totally out paced GT by now.

Forza is the one franchise I wish was on Playstation. Never played it but looked excellent from anything I've seen
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Have they got beyond 8 cars/track yet?

Some good info on the game here

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gran-turismo-sport-release-date-cars-gameplay-trailers
    Sony confirmed that there would be 137 "super premium" cars, 19 locations, and 27 different track layouts – two of which are dirt tracks. Some of the tracks include Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, Willow Springs, Tokyo Epxress Way, and the Northern Isle Speedway – the first half-mile oval for the series.

Just reqtched the trailer and noticed the Dark Hedges in Northern Ireland in the Locations section on the Scrapes Menu. Scrapes is like a photo mode where you can drop your car in the middle of a nice location and have a ton of options for lighting, filters, etc to take nice pics. Looks like the Dark Hedges might be a location :pac:

386420.PNG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If it is just a graphically updated GT3 i will be well happy.

I'd love a remaster of GT4 myself, and the concept title too, loved that one, a Gran Turismo game that felt like fun rather than work, who would have thought it!

Class, Ireland actually has 3 locations to be used for the Scrapes mode. Dark Hedges, Giants Causeway and Inishmore Island part of the.......Alan Islands :pac:

386421.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Some good info on the game here
    Sorry, that was specifically meant to be "more than 8 cars ON TRACK".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I have never understood this photographing cars or being able to inspect their interiors in car games.

Seriously, what is the appeal and why waste development time on this "feature"?

Ricky Bobby: I wanna go fast.

I can understand them in open worlds, discover a nice area, take a nice pic like in Need for Speed or the Crew, I get it. But it's weird dropping cars into backdrops. When I first watched the trailer, I though you could go proper offroad to find these places but I can't picture opening up this mode at all other than to check out the Irish locations but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Hopefully the cars have decent sounds - GT6 looked good but sound was dreadful. Also I don't understand the "premium" cars and standard cars. If the effort isn't put in to make every car the same level then don't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

LpPepper wrote: »
    Hopefully the cars have decent sounds - GT6 looked good but sound was dreadful. Also I don't understand the "premium" cars and standard cars. If the effort isn't put in to make every car the same level then don't bother

They have had premium cars since GT5.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The track textures and detail look really amateur to me. I guess all the work went into the cars?

Either that or they are cutting down on detail for it to be a 60 FPS VR game which thinking about it makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've always found the gran turismo games to be very lonely and souless expeiriences ...get license ...win race...buy new car ...rinse and repeat maybe racing games aren't my thing I do like F1 and all that real stuff so..I don't know I just don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Xenji wrote: »
    They have had premium cars since GT5.

I know but given the time they had since GT5 you think they could have got rid of the standard cars and upped everything to premium models. Even if that meant losing half of all cars, in fairness there was a lot of repeat models from similar years e.g. about 4/5 skylines alone from the 90s...

E3 Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

I see still no new LMP's like the Audi R18 eTron or the Toyota TS050 and instead get shinier versions of the old models.
    Wish they'd stop pushing the Vision GT cars and focus on the real world, well outside of Nissan.

'The future of motorsports' , I hope not.
    There was a time when I would buy GT without question, but given the backing PD have as a studio they have no excuse not to better any racing/driving game out there. Kaz has completely lost touch with what people.

An FIA licenced game where you can race imaginary cars in downtown Tokyo, what direction is PD going????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Being an Xbox 360 owner last gen I think I was spoilt from the sounds of things.

I played huge hours of GT 1 and 2 but didn't have a PS3 so missed GT thereafter.

I think the ps4 one looks nice. I wouldn't be pissed if there's not an epically large game in there as I wouldn't have time for it anyway but hopefully the driving mechanics are sound and the graphics are quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Is Gran Turismo Sport the same as Gran Turismo 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Can you still drive the Mazda Demio?

Some new details.
    4K, 60fps
    ・Resolution: 1800p checkerboard
    ・Framerate: 60fps

HDR
    ・Data capture using a bespoke camera developed by PDI.
    ・Brightness range 100 times higher than the current camera standard.
    ・Gran Turismo will support current HDR TV’s as well as future HDR devices reaching brightnesses up to 10000nits. (HDR10・ST.2084)
    ・GT Tonemap enabling complete compatibility between Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) and HDR TVs.

Wide Colour
    ・Colour space increased by 64% from sRGB.
    ・10nm scale spectroscopic measurement. (Measurement of the spectral base.)
    ・Full wide colour space workflow using BT.2020 at all stages of production, from data capture, materials creation, rendering to output.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_147836390657312&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6&libId=iv5flkkc0100ag8y000DA7ch0kck3&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1308347&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gran-turismo.com%2Fgb%2Fnews%2F00_3723425.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2&title=Gran%20Turismo%20Sport%20pro%20details%20-%20NeoGAF&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gran-turismo.com%2Fgb%2Fnews%2F00_3723425.html

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is basically a prequel to GT7 isnt it?

Anyone get access to the EU beta?

Looks savage

aXtRXd7.gif

mmMC4Nc.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone get access to the EU beta?

Looks savage

How to apply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Its the most realistic looking sim visually I've seen from replays of the beta.

Unfortunately I doubt the physics will be as good as other sims out there, which is the most important thing for sim racers.

The force feedback from for wheels is meant to feel extremely light in comparison to Assetto Corsa and Project Cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭nerd69

Anyone playing this? Do you have to unlock cars and tracks for offline multiplayer?

Advertisement