Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android app abandoned?

Options
  • 19-05-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

Has the android app been abandoned?

I cannot create a new post which includes a link
    What's most annoying is that it acts as if it has been posted but it hasn't.

I sent a feedback email a while ago but heard nothing.
    Where as before I sent one got a response a few hours later and a fix in a couple of days.

Looking in the app feedback forum nobody from boards is replying to anything either.

I'm using the v1 app as the v2 just seems to be a browser window which gives you two boards.ie headers taking up a huge amount of screen space

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from the Help Desk to Site Development with redirect expiring in 14 days.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

wonderful if you think it'll get a response in that forum thanks.

i'll hold my breath though

guess my question has been answered :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'll ask someone in the know to post on this thread. I do agree that it's unfair to ask a question and not get an answer, but at the same time, I'm aware that getting the new site fully functional is the top priority at the minute, and is occupying everyone's available minute.

I'll do everything I can to get you an answer. Please bear with us.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Work on the app is paused whilst work's been going on with the responsive site.

• Advertisement

any update if the app is ever going to be fixed?

Still no update the app hasn't been updated since February.

It might as well be removed from the store at this stage

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you dunworth1.

We are planning to update the app. However, improving the user experience on the Responsive Site is the main priority at the moment and this will then inform how we roll out and develop the app.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you dunworth1.

We are planning to update the app. However, improving the user experience on the Responsive Site is the main priority at the moment and this will then inform how we roll out and develop the app.

Hi Mark,

thanks for coming back to me
    i do apericate ye are under pressure with the new site

thanks

Hi Mark,

i honestly think ye should pull it from the store for the time being as its now randomly not posting posts with not message that is hasn't posted.

I've been forced to start using the mobile site whiles its not a convenient as the app it does work

• Advertisement

still nothing

ive since moved over to iphone where the app hasent been updated since 2015

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement