Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky box to TV via Cat5

Options
  • 19-05-2016 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Question for those with the experience in this field..

I had an electrician doing chasing of walls for plug sockets and tv points and told him I needed to have Sky available in all rooms and all the cables hidden in wall. I was away whilst this was being done and presumed he had left me with all I needed.

Alas, I had a friend of mine look at what they installed and he reckons it's not enough but can't change it now as we had attic sprayed with insulation foam right down to the eaves and you couldn't get a hair into the conduit now.

What I have in each of the 4 rooms that I wanted tv is the following.

1) Two Cat5 cables
    2) One Coaxial cable
    3) Double plug socket at TV wall level (5ft off floor)

Can anybody tell me what I would need to be able to have Sky box (of which I have 4 Sky HD boxes ready to go) to each of the 4 rooms?

Ideally I need my Xbox One in one room as well but if I have to have cables running down outside of wall for that then so be it. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Would these work for example:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/sq8AAOSwXSJXPJNC/$_12.JPG

Advertisement