Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up with Wix - Huge Mistake!!

Options
  • 19-05-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Just spent weeks making a website on Wix. Was really happy with it so paid for the subscription for a year and made it go live. Only then when I tried to load my new website found that it timed out when loading or else spent absolutely ages trying to load! :(
    Tried to contact Wix but no joy. I dont have any videos or anything major on the website. Its fairly basic, mostly text with a few pictures. Is there anything I can do? Im thinking of scrapping the whole thing and making a new one on Wordpress. Would that be faster? Absolutely gutted because I was happy with the way it looked. Is there any way of transferring it to some other host?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What's the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hardly something to do with not having compressed images on the site, is it? There's a load of sites that will compress your images for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ruaille buaille

serenityyoga.ie
    The images I have are from Wix so they wont let me save them etc. so I cant compress?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Loads fine for me, in about 3-4 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

serenityyoga.ie
    The images I have are from Wix so they wont let me save them etc. so I cant compress?

Just checked on my phone and the website seems fine, some overlapping on two pics on the homepage but everything else works fine, all links etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ruaille buaille

Thanks a million for checking. It seems to be working ok on mobile but really slow on the pc. I checked on my work computer and home laptop. I compressed the images that I could such as my logo although I feel that lessened the quality? I also had a slideshow which I deleted. Maybe that helped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You can download them though their T&Cs may not allow you.

Here is the full photo of the yoga pose. You made a cropped version.

Advertisement