Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricccckkiiiiiii

Options
  • 19-05-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Anyone here play rickenbackers? I've a hankering for a 330 as I'm a big jam fan. I've never played one but heard reports about thin necks and skinny frets. I'm a big string bender :D and used to fender necks.
    Your inputs gentlemen would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The likes of the 330 and 360 have a skinny nut-width, so the strings feel closer together. That tends to be what puts people off the guitars. The fretboard radius (10") is slightly flatter than a modern Fender (9.5") but the frets are quite skinny as you say.

I have a Ric 660, which has a more Gibson-like neck. The nut-width is wider but the back of the neck is quite thin and it's flat around the shoulders. It's a superb guitar and I find it more comfortable to play than my '64 Tele RI, which has a rounder radius and skinny frets.

Advertisement