Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight parking near Glasnevin

Options
  • 19-05-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, will be driving up from Cork next Friday for the Bruce Springsteen concert and staying on Iona Road in Glasnevin. My original plan was to park at the Red Cow and take the Luas in, but that's not an option now with the Luas Strike. Is there anywhere near Glasnevin or Croke Park that offers secure overnight parking that doesn't cost a fortune?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The Carpark of the Brian Boru (Hedigan's) pub is locked at night afaik, you could ask them. I don't know what time it re-opens, and it's quite close to Iona Road.

There is also paid parking on Prospect Avenue, look at google maps, find Iona Road and then the part of Prospect Avenue right opposite it is actually a short laneway where you can park, it kind of runs in down the middle of a downward pointing trianglualr area. I think it's safe enough. Just around from that on Glasnevin Road is Sweeney's Off Licence, and that has parking in front of it - don't think it's paid, and don't know if it's time restricted, but it's always lit up.

Map Link

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

The Regency hotel has a car park at their rear. I believe it's €10 a night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭jd

There is plenty of free on street parking the other side of the Tolka. It's good enough for residents..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm a bit nervous of parking in street as I don't know the area at all, and I wouldn't be comfortable cruising the streets looking for parking. The Regency looks perfect actually. Is that parking open to non residents? Is it likely to fill up early given its a busy day round the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Parking on the steet would be fine unless your driving something fancy. It's all that available round there, even for most residents.

I think tolka house near Iona rd lock thier car park overnight

• Advertisement

Parking on the steet would be fine unless your driving something fancy. It's all that available round there, even for most residents.

It's not that I'm worried about the car, it's more my ability to get lost in a phone box that has me worried! But I suppose that's what the Google Maps app is for! I'll try around the streets and if I have no luck, I can have the Regency as back up.

Thanks again for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Could park it around the corner, for free on Cliftonville Rd, it's about 5 minutes walk from Iona road....

https://goo.gl/maps/ibRtuRN7mRJ2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Homefarm Road. Clare Road. Valentia Road. Cliftonville Road. Milmount Avenue. Milbourne Avenue.

All quiet roads where the residents park for free with no hassle, all 5-10 minute walk from Iona Road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hanley wrote: »
    Homefarm Road. Clare Road. Valentia Road. Cliftonville Road. Milmount Avenue. Milbourne Avenue.

All quiet roads where the residents park for free with no hassle, all 5-10 minute walk from Iona Road :)

I regularly park on Cliftonville or Marguerite Rd. Perfectly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,910 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That is an excellent suggestion. That car park is locked overnight and a good few cars seem to be left there always. No charge for parking and nobody there minds you doing it, it seems. Either way that whole area is very safe and for one night of on street parking I wouldn't even worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Most roads around Iona are metered & time limits (some are not easy find signs),
    Be careful they clamp fast especially when events on in Croke Park, I lived bottom of Iona for over 15years & had few friends caughtout.
    You might be able park in church grounds or Skylon Hotel
    Few places here to checkout http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/drumcondra_co_dublin/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    Most roads around Iona are metered & time limits (some are not easy find signs),
    Be careful they clamp fast especially when events on in Croke Park, I lived bottom of Iona for over 15years & had few friends caughtout.
    You might be able park in church grounds or Skylon Hotel
    Few places here to checkout http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/drumcondra_co_dublin/

Anything town side of the tolka around there tends to be metered. Most places (there's a few exceptions) north of the tolka are good :)

Thanks again for all the tips. Got parked at the very bottom of Walsh Road, relight beside the park (Griffith Park I think?) Less than 10 mins walk to the hotel and a nice way to save a few quid, which I then immediately spent on a nice cold pint in The Gravediggers! Would definitely look for parking around there again if I'm ever going to Croke Park.

Advertisement