Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MarkDown

Options
  • 19-05-2016 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Having a bit of a nightmare with documentation - we are using Mark Down :mad:

Using Atom to write the documents and the Atom preview is really nice, but might not look the best in a browser or PDF view.

Is there any way to "format for all" ?

I know it's unlikely since it's not standardized but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hi,
    Having a bit of a nightmare with documentation - we are using Mark Down :mad:

Using Atom to write the documents and the Atom preview is really nice, but might not look the best in a browser or PDF view.

Is there any way to "format for all" ?

I know it's unlikely since it's not standardized but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Markdown is essentially just a simple way of writing HTML. The headers, bullets etc. are just translated to HTML tags like <h1> and <ul>. If you want to view it in a browser/PDF and have it nicely formatted, you'll need to add CSS in there somewhere, something that Markdown doesn't do by default.

Here's an example of the CSS github use: https://github.com/sindresorhus/github-markdown-css

Advertisement