Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Bus Route 14

Options
  • 18-05-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there! I am a regular commuter on Cork city bus route 214 from CUH to city centre while paying through leap card. In recent days, I have come across a manual ticket collector in the bus at least three times (twice morning and once evening) collecting tickets from all passengers. The driver in such case isn't charging leap card and ask to sit back and then the ticket collector comes for ticket. My question is I am regular leap card user and don't carry coins or small notes to pay bus fare. So should I keep change with me or just tell him to charge my card if he wants? Any suggestion welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Vic_08

talha.ofb wrote: »
    Hi there! I am a regular commuter on Cork city bus route 214 from CUH to city centre while paying through leap card. In recent days, I have come across a manual ticket collector in the bus at least three times (twice morning and once evening) collecting tickets from all passengers. The driver in such case isn't charging leap card and ask to sit back and then the ticket collector comes for ticket. My question is I am regular leap card user and don't carry coins or small notes to pay bus fare. So should I keep change with me or just tell him to charge my card if he wants? Any suggestion welcome

If you are using leap card then that is what you present to whomever, there is no requirement to have alternative payment method if your leap card is valid and in credit.

I don't know what is going on there, perhaps if you encounter this arrangement again you should ask one of the staff to explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

machine is broken, ad hoc arrangement to run the service I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 talha.ofb

Vic_08 wrote: »
    If you are using leap card then that is what you present to whomever, there is no requirement to have alternative payment method if your leap card is valid and in credit.

I don't know what is going on there, perhaps if you encounter this arrangement again you should ask one of the staff to explain.

That's my point, i have the valid leap card with sufficient credit in it. The point of carrying leap card is to avoid the hassle of carrying coins or small change. Will definitely enquire. Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6 talha.ofb

machine is broken, ad hoc arrangement to run the service I assume.

probably ... but I don't think so. well, will try to investigate from staff. thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

talha.ofb wrote: »
    There is still one Bus Conductor working with Bus Eireann in Cork. He is often on the 214. He is probably on some of the other routes as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement