Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster 10 Year Tickets

Options
  • 18-05-2016 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

From what I can find online, the last tranche of c. 1,750 10 year tickets for Thomand Park were sold in 2007 for €5,000-5,500, with these all expiring in the coming year.

Just wondering how much people think these will go for next time round?

We've seen ticket sales for league games down fairly sharply in last two seasons and Heineken/ Champions Cup games not fairing much better.

Munster branch are struggling to deal with the Thomand debt and with lower income, player wages, etc will be harder to meet. The pricing of the 10 year tickets will be important to get right.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Is it worth their while doing it again in the short term? I understood a 10 year ticket was to confirm a ticket at times when they would of been hard to buy. As you've mentioned, the opposite is the case now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Is it worth their while doing it again in the short term? I understood a 10 year ticket was to confirm a ticket at times when they would of been hard to buy. As you've mentioned, the opposite is the case now.

I think Munster Rugny are scheduled to make a big payment on the Thomond loan next year and are relying on 10 year tickets to get the money for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Part of the financial plan to repay a €4m chunk loan to the IRFU in 2018 relies on selling 10 year tickets, so they'll definitely go on sale. I highly doubt there'll be as large a take up this time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

The uptake really depends on the pricing.

Per year you currently get just 10 games:
    3 home Champions Cups games and
    7 RaboPro12 games

The other 4 home league games are in Cork and not included in the price, which is poor form imo.

You do get first dibs to buy tickets for home knockout games for cups and any Ireland games/concerts in Thomond.

If you're not living in Limerick you know in advance you probably can't make all 10 games and will factor this into your decision.

Even if prices stayed the same as 2007 at €5,000, over 10 years that's €50 per game.

I'd argue that price is
    -Great value for a great seat for 3 home Champions Cups games
    (but the cup's magic is dwindling quickly since the revamp and emerging dominance of UK and French cash rich teams
    and dare I say it, with Munster's recent poor form they may not be in Champions Cup all 10 seasons)
    -Great value for Leinster league game
    -Too much for most of the other teams they will play in the league

For 2015-16 season, a Cat A ticket to 14 games costs €470 plus gets you 25% discount off other tickets, which will be the benchmark off which potential 10 year buyers based their decision on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

At the time of the first sale of 10 year tickets I thought they should have had an offer for terrace tickets too.

Without knowing the pricing I think corporate/bulk tickets sales will probably stay similar to last time around but individual sales will be tough without some sort of sweetener added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I could see them offering 5 year tickets too. Even with discounts, 10 years is a big commitment and people move job/city a lot more now.

Advertisement