Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business/Management Courses

Options
  • 18-05-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I'm thinking of going back and doing a formal qualification in either of the above areas i.e. business or management. I am working in logistics and management at the moment and want to maximise my opportunities for promotion and building a career.

The following courses are my options:

Business Management degree (level 8) over 4 years (CIT)
    B.A. Business (level 8) from Griffith College
    Supply Chain Management Certificate (level 7 with option to progress to level 9) in UCC
    Project Management degree (level 8/can extend to level 9)
    HR Management (level 8)
    Procurement Management (level 8)

The last 4 courses take place over 2 years so are a way of fast tracking my professional qualifications. I have been advised that Project Management is great for jobs at the moment. Is this true?

I want to do the course which would maximise my earning potential as well as my job opportunities but is at the same time relevant to my area of industry which is logistics and management.

I am wary of doing a course that is so specific it pigeonholes me but at the same time perhaps the other degrees are too general and will take too long?

Any advice??

Advertisement