Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companys have to pay out to winners?

Options
  • 18-05-2016 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering as ive came third in a classic for a which had 1,2 and 3rd prize. Do they have to give winners their prizes to can they ignore me if they chose without any possible action. By the way they were free to enter.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk

declan2693 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering as ive came third in a classic for a which had 1,2 and 3rd prize. Do they have to give winners their prizes to can they ignore me if they chose without any possible action. By the way they were free to enter.

Thanks

I'd say it's case by case Declan. I imagine if they didn't pay out then you could shame them on social media which they definitely wouldn't want.

It is only the day after the last gameweek closed so I'd give them a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Why are you worried about it have they done something during the season to suggest they won't pay out?

Free to enter competitions aren't covered by the same laws as pay in competitions so you're unlikely to get much joy going that route. Its a bit soon to be doing anything too dramatic now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

jimmii wrote: »
    Why are you worried about it have they done something during the season to suggest they won't pay out?

Free to enter competitions aren't covered by the same laws as pay in competitions so you're unlikely to get much joy going that route. Its a bit soon to be doing anything too dramatic now anyway.

Ok thanks for the info, I have message them before about montly prizes like they said but never came back to me so want just curious whether they had to .

Thanks

Ok thanks for the info, I have message them before about montly prizes like they said but never came back to me so want just curious whether they had to .

Thanks

Was it a specific email used for FPL? Message them on social media you might find that the person running FPL stopped checking or maybe even left the company and no one picked it up.

Was it a specific email used for FPL? Message them on social media you might find that the person running FPL stopped checking or maybe even left the company and no one picked it up.

No, they posted it up on facebook with the code to enter. That could be the case.

• Advertisement

No, they posted it up on facebook with the code to enter. That could be the case.

Thats a bit weird if they are active on there since.

Thats a bit weird if they are active on there since.

Yes, Ive msg them again so let hope.

Yes, Ive msg them again so let hope.

Fingers crossed! Give them a few days then see if you can dig out an email for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

any joy with yours after? I won a €100 freebet with a bookies and they have refused to give me it, on their facebook page for the comp there was no mention of any t&c's, and on their fantasy football page there was no mention, but when I won they refused to give me the freebet on the basis that in their own t&c's they say comps are for Greater Dublin area only.

Fair enough if that's the case, but woulda only took 2 secs to add that in when they were creating the facebook post for the comp.
    Just annoys me when people/companies are deceitful! if you're doing a comp, honour the prizes!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    any joy with yours after? I won a €100 freebet with a bookies and they have refused to give me it, on their facebook page for the comp there was no mention of any t&c's, and on their fantasy football page there was no mention, but when I won they refused to give me the freebet on the basis that in their own t&c's they say comps are for Greater Dublin area only.

Fair enough if that's the case, but woulda only took 2 secs to add that in when they were creating the facebook post for the comp.
    Just annoys me when people/companies are deceitful! if you're doing a comp, honour the prizes!

I'd be posting to their Twitter account to complain, and also to warn off others about them not honouring prizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I've had neither of the two leagues I won respond to Facebook messages, just tried twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

They should be named and shamed, pretty mean getting the publicity and not paying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah people need to know which leads not to waste a slot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah people need to know which leads not to waste a slot on.

Footgolf Ireland
    Lots of prizes promised . Monthly , spots etc
    I was top pretty much from december onwards
    Nothing
    I messaged them and they said the guy who organized it left........they could have thrown me a voucher for the local course or something !

Thats pretty poor from them. The person leaving is hardly reason enough to not pay out presumably wasn't coming out of his pocket!

Thats pretty poor from them. The person leaving is hardly reason enough to not pay out presumably wasn't coming out of his pocket!

I know I didn't follow up after 2 messages TBH
    Knew there would not be cash but would not have minded giving it a go for a round
    They may have got repeat business out of it too !

patmac wrote: »
    They should be named and shamed, pretty mean getting the publicity and not paying out.

Bambury Leinster. It's ok to join if you're in Dublin, meath or Kildare.
    They could have just said that when they put up the league code, the annoying thing is, when I came first I planned on putting the €100 freebet on Germany for the euros so now if they win I'll feel like I was done out of €400.

Any updates on those who didn't get paid out?

Footgolf Ireland didn't

km79 wrote: »
    Footgolf Ireland didn't

Jokers.

• Advertisement

Bambury Leinster didn't either.
    very poor communication from them too, whoever was replying was very short and only chose to reply to what suited him/her.
    have left it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭El Chapo

Name and shame them on Facebook and Twitter.

Fair play to DID Electrical, great prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Junior soccer portal wouldn't even reply as to whether they had prizes or not as they were TBA at the start of the season

We need a thread just for company's that don't pay out and list them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

km79 wrote: »
    Footgolf Ireland
    Lots of prizes promised . Monthly , spots etc
    I was top pretty much from december onwards
    Nothing
    I messaged them and they said the guy who organized it left........they could have thrown me a voucher for the local course or something !

I sent them a message on Facebook and to be fair to the chap that responded, he was most apologetic and I've sent his response to km79.

The chap who responded runs the one based in Tallaght in Dublin so hopefully km79 gets what he is due :)

We need a thread just for company's that don't pay out and list them

When the thread for codes for next season opens we could list these in the first thread. I'll be reminding people about Bambury bookmakers if they have a comp. Especially if Germany win euros as that's where my €100 freebet was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Naming and shaming doesn't work a lot of the time. There are too many companies out there who actively us FPL on social media for advertising and then do their best to ignore claimants to prizes.

I learned from previous mistakes and began to screenshot everything that was due a prize. One company refused to pay out on a PS4, ignoring my communication. I then escalated to the advertising standards authority with all my evidence including screenshots of communication attempts and screens of the advertised competition along with league standings. With all that evidence asa took the case and within days the company came back with all sorts of flimsy excuses but sent me the PS4 eventually.

A lot of the free to enter comps are run by jokers who don't like paying out. Every year i experience it and i'm tired of it. The only comps that don't have issues with payouts are the pay to enter comps with a track record of being run for several years.

In any event i think the free to enter competitions are waste of time these days and one of the reasons i am becoming less interested in FPL. If i do enter this year, it'll primarily be for my work league but ultimately when life gets busy or complicated for a while it can destroy a whole seasons work of FPL simply by having one's eye taken off the ball for a few weeks

The possibility of winning prizes is the only thing that keeps me going when things are not going well and knowing all the hassle that it takes to obtain prizes that are rightfully won is just a stretch too far for me.

My advice is just stick to comps that you and are familiar with or ones that you get a good reference for.

And now for the shaming part: http://bargainshopuk.co.uk refused to pay out on the ipad mini that i won from them. A disgrace of a company! Unfortunately i didn't have enough evidence for the ASA for those jokers.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    When the thread for codes for next season opens we could list these in the first thread. I'll be reminding people about Bambury bookmakers if they have a comp. Especially if Germany win euros as that's where my €100 freebet was going.

Wouldn't have won anything if they had honoured their €100 freebet. Happy with that. Woulda really annoyed me if they had won with pre tournament odds of 4/1.

Advertisement