Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osha

Options
  • 18-05-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Disappointed with Oshas demise, I feel she she deserved more then a short scene which ended with a pairing knife through the neck. Very anticlimactic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

True, but she was Osha to the end, planning to stick the knife in Ramsey. The second she looked at the knife, I knew she was gone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Was more disappointed that the writers had try the same seduce/stab trick as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Owryan wrote: »
    Was more disappointed that the writers had try the same seduce/stab trick as before.
    Well at least they had Ramsey cotton on to the trick and admonish Osha for trying to use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It was one of the few good moves Ramsey has played. As Osha commented, he had his staff give her a bath before bringing her to his room. It was a way of toying with her: giving her the impression she was going to get the same opportunity that Theon had given her to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Thought it was rather well done- from Ramsay trying to intimidate her by peeling the apple and talking about the Bolton sigil being a flayed man, to Osha referencing the Thenns and their cannibilism
    The contrast to how Theon believed and fell for her seduction when he was "Prince of Winterfell" too that off Ramsay seeing right through her was noticiable..
    Sleepy wrote: »
    It was one of the few good moves Ramsey has played. As Osha commented, he had his staff give her a bath before bringing her to his room. It was a way of toying with her: giving her the impression she was going to get the same opportunity that Theon had given her to escape.

Yup, not the first time he toyed with someone either- remember he killed some of his own Bolton men in Season 3 just to make Theon believe he really was helping him escape so his "betrayal" would break him all the more. He was probably abit upset that Mryanda wasn't there to bathe Osha like she bathed Sansa before the wedding scene..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Basically anyone who shares the screen with Ramsey is going to get murdered so it's not like there's any suspense any more. I liked Osha. No idea why they brought her back just got that.

Basically anyone who shares the screen with Ramsey is going to get murdered so it's not like there's any suspense any more. I liked Osha. No idea why they brought her back just got that.

Theon is still alive
    Sansa is still alive
    Yara is still alive
    Smalljon Umber is still alive
    Littlefinger is still alive
    That Karstark lad is still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Lot of convenient loose end style killings of some reasonably big name actors so far this season tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm disappointed her character was brought back just to die almost straight away but I'm also glad she didn't get turned into one of Ramsey's playthings. That would have been awful.

I'm worried Rickon is going to be his new Reek - he seems to enjoy breaking Princes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

My money is on Arya to kill Ramsey

Forgot how good a character Osha was:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

does best of mean all of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

But she was never really a major character in the show. Natalia Tena never got her name in the opening titles. JRR Martin never had her down as anything special. TV viewers probably liked her because the actress was in Harry Potter.

flazio wrote: »
    But she was never really a major character in the show. Natalia Tena never got her name in the opening titles. JRR Martin never had her down as anything special. TV viewers probably liked her because the actress was in Harry Potter.

You're right - we've an awful hive mind so we do...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Ooooooh! Tolkienism! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

I wasn't. Really really hated her, more the actress and her mannerisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Looked to me like Tena might have been pregnant, could have something to do with the speedy exit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

George RR Martin has actually commented on Natalia Tena's performance as Osha as having influenced him to expand the character's role in the books.

So, it's safe to say we'll be seeing more of her in The Winds of Winter...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I wasn't. Really really hated her, more the actress and her mannerisms.

Agreed. Tena was appalling in the role. Never really rated her as Tonks and she was even worse in this. A complete and utter ham.

• Advertisement
Advertisement