Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does inheritance affect SUSI grant?

Options
  • 18-05-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

as a dependent student would it affect me if my parents inherited money from a relative? Also, if it did you it only be for this year? I'm not sure of the amount.

Thanks for any info
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I just filled out the form today if they inherited it in 2015 then it will form part of the accessable income for your parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitty89

Okay, thank you very much. Do you know if it would only affect me for this year then?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

inheritance gifts is used as part of the reckonable income when assessing for a grant but it is only used in the YEAR YOU RECEIVED IT

so if you parents received an inheritance / gifts in 2015 this will be taken into consideration for the academic year 2016/2017 ONLY

Advertisement